If you’ve welcomed a new puppy into your family, you’ll know pretty quickly that there’s two things they love to do most - chewing and playing. If not kept busy, pups have a way of finding ways to do both these things, usually on your furniture! So the best way to make sure your puppy lets off steam appropriately, and gets all the enrichment those growing minds need, is with a great selection of entertaining toys.
We’ve rounded up 9 of the best toys to stimulate your puppy, so that they can play happily and burn off all that energy, ready for their third favourite activity - naptime.
These toys represent a fun mix of puppy puzzle toys and friendly chew toys, to satisfy all their stimulation needs. As a bonus, chews are also good for a pup’s dental health too!
Which ones will be your puppy’s new favorite?
1)The Puppy Kong - There’s a reason these classic toys are still going strong. This special puppy version uses a soft rubber designed for growing teeth. Chews like this help to teach appropriate chewing behavior. If you need a few moments of peace, this toy also offers absorbing mental enrichment when treats are hidden inside. Final tip - they are dishwasher friendly too. Heaven for busy pup parents everywhere!
2) The Gnawesome Squeaker Ball - Offering hours of endless fun, squeakers are great for puppies that need some encouragement to engage with toys. This interactive ball has a unique spiky texture that pups love, which also massages those sore gums - offering some much needed relief. Choose from small, medium or large, depending on your puppy's size.
3) Outward Hound’s Hide-And-Seek Squirrel Tree - A versatile and super exciting toy that challenges and delights little pups. Five squeaky squirrels live inside this soft, plush trunk for your pup to extract one-by-one. There’s also plenty of extra space inside to add extra toys, so you can increase the challenge as they mature and get brainier. Plush toys like this one are a great snuggle option, providing comfort for young puppies if they need it. The smaller size is an ideal beginner option for your little pooch.
4) The Mini Orka Bone - Like a real stick... but better! This chew toy is awesome for solo play or for interactive games. Bouncy and buoyant, it can be taken on the road or in the water, making it a versatile option for adventurous pups. The extra chewability will keep those little ones super busy, and unlike with sticks you won’t have to worry about splinters. It also comes with removable rope pieces that help reduce soft tartar as your pup chews. Win win!
5) Jolly Pets Push And Play - This innovative ball is great for tiring out energetic pups, especially herding breeds. This ball turns their natural behavior into a positive game, meaning hours of fun for them with no extra effort from you! Near impossible to pick up, the clever design means your pup is encouraged to push the ball around with his muzzle, paws and body - hours of fun! Be sure to pick one of the smaller sizes for your young one.
6) The PAW5 Snuffle Mat - With their super sensitive noses, pups love putting their senses to work. This unique dog toy allows you to hide kibble or treats among its long strands. Meaning your pup needs to rely on their keen smelling abilities to track down every last piece. A great option that’s a little more low-intensity, for when you want to keep a calmer atmosphere. .
7) JW Pet Hol-EE Roller - This funky, hollow design allows you to really get creative when it comes to playing with your best buddy. Made from a bouncy rubber, with space to grab on to and chew, it’s also the ideal treat ball. The smaller sizes are great for puppy teeth, and for stashing goodies. You can even stretch the holes and put larger treats inside for longer playtime.
8) The Squishy Face Lure Pole - Does your pup love to chase anything that moves? Then a flirt pole is a perfect toy to take the edge off. Some breeds with a high prey-drive, such as greyhounds, shepherds or terriers will especially love it’s flitting movement. Dangle the fleece lure near your pup and wait for the leap - then the fun begins! You’ll tire them out without breaking a sweat yourself!
9) Outward Hound Puppy Tornado Dog Toy - Got an Einstein on your hands? A smart puppy needs a challenging toy, and the puppy tornado will do just that. A challenging puzzle game that offers hours of fun for pups. Just place some snacks in the three levels of spinning compartments and watch your puppy use their smarts. Created to help reduce destructive behavior, the detective work needed to figure out the tornado assists in redirecting energy in a positive way.
How to keep your puppy entertained? Choose one or more of the 9 toys above and you’ll have a worn out, happy and heavily napping pupper on your hands in no time!
Learn how Potty Buddy™ products help pet-parents keep their homes clean and their pets comfortable.